Adjustments & Assistance

Leak Adjustments

If a water leak occurs on your side of the meter that results in water not being discharged into the sanitary sewer system, you may apply for an adjustment on sewer charges by presenting suitable evidence to the Utility Department documenting that the leak has been repaired and the water did not flow into the sanitary sewer.  Please call 219-362-3175 or email

No adjustments will be made to the water portion of the bill.

Assistance with Payments in Hardship Situations

Township trustees, the Salvation Army, and some churches may offer assistance to pay utility bills in cases involving hardship situations.